Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kal kals are a fried sweet traditionally made during Christmas in Christian communities of India.
- 2 cups (280g) white wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heated oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (120g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients to make a dough, moist but not sticky
- Flatten teaspoon-sized balls on the back of a fork (preferably with rounded tines) and roll off, forming small snail-shell-like curls.
- Fry in hot oil six at a time until golden brown.
- Roll in more powdered sugar while still hot to coat.
- Always be careful when deep frying not to spray hot oil on yourself