Cookbook:Italian Rice with Wild Mushrooms
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Italian Rice with Wild Mushrooms|
Italian Rice with Wild Mushrooms
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 chopped shallots
- 2 cups risotto rice (plump, medium grain rice that contains a lot of starch, the types Arborio or Carnaroli are traditionally best. Other rices that work well are Roma, Nano Maratelli, and Vialone.)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces (commercial) wild mushrooms, sliced and sautéed
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
Make sure your stock is simmering before you begin. It's important that the temperature is as high as possible, without letting the stock boil. The surface of the stock should just be moving a little.
- Sauté the shallots in olive oil until soft.
- Add the rice, stirring for 3 to 5 minutes, until coated with oil.
- Pour in wine and about ½ cup of the boiling broth and continue stirring.
- Keep adding liquid as necessary and stir for an additional 15 minutes, keeping the rice creamy.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, and truffle oil.
- Serve immediately.