Cookbook:Italian Rice Pilaf
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Italian Rice Pilaf|
This dish has a lot of Italian flavors, like bay, thyme, rosemary, garlic, and Chianti wine.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup red wine, preferably Chianti
- 3 bay leaves
- 7 cloves garlic, smashed
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5–6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 large onion, finely diced
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add rice and onion and cook until rice is golden.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients. Once rice has toasted, remove from pot and add mixture. Bring to a boil and add rice. Cook, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until rice is desired tenderness.
- Serve warm with a steak, a glass of red wine, and maybe a vegetable sauté.