Cookbook:Honey Lime Pork Loin
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp AP flour
- 2 tbsp butter
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add roast and cook until thoroughly browned on all sides.
- Remove from pan and keep warm. Add broth and deglaze pan, stirring to remove browned bits.
- Place roast in a greased roasting pan and rub with seasonings.
- Reduce chicken broth by 1/2.
- Combine chicken broth with wine and Worcestershire sauce and pour over pork.
- Insert a probe thermometer that can go into the oven in the roast and bake at 275°F (135C) until internal temperature reaches 145°F (63C). Keep warm.
- Place cooking liquid in the refrigerator until fat has solidified. Skim.
- Stir in honey and lime juice. Set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large sauce pan. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly until light blonde color is achieved.
- Add cooking liquid mixture to the pan and bring to a boil until reduced by 1/3.
- Rewarm pork, if needed. Slice and serve with sauce.