Jump to navigation Jump to search
This isn't designed to be stuffed inside a turkey unless you want dry meat.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ½ tsp thinly sliced fresh sage
- ½ cup apple jelly
- ½ cup dried apples, finely diced
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine all ingredients. Pour into a greased baking dish and bake at 350˚F (175˚C) for 45 minutes or until browned on top. If not browned, place under the broiler until browned.
- Serve with roast turkey, cranberry sauce, yams, and all the other fixins.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- You may wish to add some chicken or turkey broth.