Cookbook:Herb Grilled Snapper
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Oregano, dill, parsley, and rosemary give a Greek feel to regular snapper.
- 1 2-lb. red snapper, cleaned, fins removed and head and tail left intact.
- 1/2 bunch dill
- 1/2 bunch oregano
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- Several thin slices of red onion
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- Several thin slices of lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup seafood stock
- Coat fish with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper, inside and out.
- Stuff cavity with herbs, garlic, onion, and lemon and score skin in a diamond pattern.
- Combine seafood stock and white wine in a gallon size zip-top plastic bag. Insert fish and refrigerate with as much air sucked out as possible for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes per side. Remove and rest for 7 minutes. Serve.