Cookbook:Grilled Summer Fruit
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Grilled Summer Fruit|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Syrup[edit | edit source]
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup peach nectar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
Fruit[edit | edit source]
Special equipment[edit | edit source]
- 8 wooden toothpicks, soaked in water 30 minutes
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine all syrup ingredients in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat until reduced by ⅓. Set aside until cool.
- Skewer plums through the side on the toothpicks. Brush cut side of all fruits liberally with syrup, and place syrup-side down on a medium high grill until marked.
- Remove from grill, and serve warm with remaining syrup.