Cookbook:Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 (6-ounce) wild salmon fillets with skin on one side
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 large mango, peeled and finely diced
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 jalapeño chiles, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- A flame-resistant towel tied with twine and soaked in neutral oil
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- First, make the salsa. In a large bowl, combine mango, lime juice, jalapeños, mint, honey, and sea salt. Refrigerate until needed.
- Heat about 28 charcoal briquets in a large chimney starter. Once hot, disperse evenly around the bottom of the grill. Reapply the grate.
- Quickly lube the grate with the oil-soaked towel.
- Brush salmon liberally with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place salmon on grill, skin side down, and cook, covered, turning often, until fish is pink throughout and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Move to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest 5-7 minutes before serving with salsa.