Cookbook:Grilled Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Grilled Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 ea. (24 ounces) skin-on Coho salmon fillets
- Olive oil
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ lemon, juiced
- A flame-resistant towel tied with twine and soaked in oil
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Brush salmon with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large chimney starter's worth of charcoal briquets. Once hot, disperse evenly around the bottom of the grill and reapply the grate.
- Quickly grease the grate with the towel. Add salmon fillets, skin side down, and cook, covered, turning often, until fish is pink throughout and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Fold together lemon and butter. Melt over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Drizzle butter over salmon fillets and serve warm.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Adding your flavorings to the butter before you melt it is a great trick to keep butter sauces from separating. Adding cream is also a good way.