Cookbook:Grilled Pork Chops
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 4 thick cut pork rib chops
- 1 cup salt
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar, heated
- 2 pounds ice
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns, cracked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Combine honey, salt, vinegar, herbs, cayenne pepper, and minced garlic in a plastic zip-top bag. Add ice and shake the bag until ice is mostly melted and mixture has cooled down.
- Insert pork chops and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Take pork out of mixture and pat dry with paper towels. Discard remaining mixture.
- Rub spice mixture on both sides of each pork chop.
- Quickly lube a high grill with a flame-resistant towel soaked in oil and tied with twine.[note 1]
- Grill pork chops, covered, 2 minutes. Twist 90 degrees and cook for another 2 minutes. Flip and repeat one more time.
- Move to a plate and let rest, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- Don't use so much oil that it bursts into flames and you end up in the burn ward.