|Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwiches|
||1 sandwich (125 g)
|Servings Per Recipe:
|Amount per serving
|Calories from fat
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | US Cuisine | Sandwiches
Here, "grilling" means frying, as it does for the Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Elvis Presley was famous for consuming these with sliced bananas and "burnt" bacon.
- Spread peanut butter between bread slices.
- Spread outsides of bread with softened or melted butter or margarine.
- Cook in a non-stick skillet on medium heat, turning a few times, until bread is golden brown and peanut butter is melted.
- Serve with plenty of milk.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Make a standard peanut butter and jelly sandwich and cook it in the same manner; these are very good.
- Make a standard peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich and cook it in the same manner. These are very good, but can be a bit messy.
- Substitute almond or cashew butter for peanut butter.
- Other kinds of bread can be substituted for the white bread.