Cookbook:Greek-Style Grilled Chicken
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 (3-4 pound) broiler/fryer chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried mint flakes
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Brush chicken pieces with olive oil. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients and rub into chicken. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat about 28 charcoal briquets in a large chimney starter. Disperse evenly around bottom of grill and reapply the grate.
- Add chicken and cook, turning often, until internal temperature of the breast is 165 degrees F, and the thigh is 170 degrees F.
- Remove to a plate and cover with foil. Let rest 10 minutes before serving warm.