Cookbook:Greek-Style Grilled Chicken
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Greek-Style Grilled Chicken|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 ea. (3–4 pounds) whole broiler/fryer chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried mint flakes
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Brush chicken pieces with olive oil. Set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and rub into chicken. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat about 28 charcoal briquets in a large chimney starter. Disperse evenly around bottom of grill and reapply the grate.
- Add chicken and cook, turning often, until internal temperature of the breast is 165°F and the thigh is 170°F.
- Remove to a plate and cover with foil. Let rest 10 minutes before serving warm.