Granola bars are a very tasty and easy food to make. They can be sold at the market in small bars, such as the size of a candy bar. However, by following these commonly used steps you can create your own tasty granola bars right at home.
This recipe is for chewy granola bars.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1/2 cup (120g) of soft butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup (180g) of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) of corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups (900g) of uncooked oats
- 1 cup (240g) of chocolate chips
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180c).
- Grease 13 x 9" (30cm x 23cm) baking pan.
- Combine butter, sugar and corn syrup.
- Blend in egg and vanilla.
- Add oats and chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 - 22 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
To create granola with extra taste, add a desired amount of nuts and raisin.