Cookbook:Gorgonzola Stuffed Chateaubriand
Stuffing a steak with blue cheese is a great replacement for a pan sauce or steak sauce. Oh, and Chateaubriand is actually the name of a dish, not the cut.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 to 1 1/4-pound tenderloin roast cut from the center of the whole tenderloin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 5 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
Use a butter sauce to coat the outside of the meat before placing into the oven. Use butter, shallots, garlic, brandy, pepper for your butter sauce.
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Make a slit in the center of the roast, but not all the way through.
- Brush roast with olive oil and season liberally with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Let sit at room temperature 30-60 minutes.
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over high heat 5-7 minutes. Add roast and cook until browned and slightly charred on all sides.
- Move to a baking pan and fill the slit with cheese. Tie closed with kitchen twine and let rest 20 minutes while oven heats to 325 degrees F.
- Insert a probe thermometer at a 45 degree angle into the center of the roast. Place the pan into the oven and cook until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F.
- Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest 15 minutes before untying and carving.