Jump to navigation Jump to search
Glottucks (also called glot, or Native American corn and kelp chowder)
- 1 quart corn kernels (removed from the cob)
- 1/2 cup dried sea kelp (or laver)
- 2 cups milk or cream
- 2 cups water
- 1 bell pepper (green or red), chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter on the bottom of a pan and sauté the kelp until it begins to dissolve in the butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients, turn on low heat, and cover.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes until soft.
- Remove cover and cook on low heat until water most of the liquid is evaporated.
This is a variant of succotash.