Cookbook:Ginger Banana Cake with Chocolate
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup (135 g) buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup (60 ml/70 g) maple syrup
- ¼ cup (60 ml/65 g) unsweetened applesauce
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp (8 g) of grated fresh ginger
- 3 ripe bananas (should have dark spots on the peel)
- ¼ cup (30 g) roughly chopped dark chocolate/chocolate chips
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 170°C (338°F)
- Mix the buckwheat flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the maple syrup with the applesauce, the lemon juice and the grated ginger. Mash the bananas using the back of a fork before mixing them with the other wet ingredients.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the banana mixture. Be careful not to overmix. You don’t want to beat out all of the air.
- Once everything is mixed well together, add the dark chocolate and gently mix again.
- Line a baking tray (20 x 20 cm/ 8x8 inch) with parchment paper and pour the batter into it.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.