Cookbook:German Style Sweet Mustard (Senf)
|German Style Sweet Mustard (Senf)|
|Time||Prep: 10 minutes|
Cooking: time varies
Senf is German for "mustard". This particular senf, known as 'Süßer Senf', has a sweet, yet sharp taste that makes it great on sandwiches and crackers. While this recipe is from a 3rd or 4th generation German American, such recipes are said to originate from the southern parts of Germany (Bavaria).
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mix sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper together. Mix in water.
- Mix in vinegar last, as the mustard will lose some of its flavour if vinegar is introduced too early.
- Stir using a wire whisk to prevent lumps.
- Add some water if too thick.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- It gets better as it cools and ages awhile.