Cookbook:Garlic Butter Sauce
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 2 (1/2 cup) sticks unsalted butter, divided
- Splash of heavy cream
- 3 tbs minced garlic
- 1 medium shallot, very finely minced
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Melt 2 tbs butter in large straight-sided sauté pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and shallot and cook until garlic is golden.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook just until butter is melted. Remove from heat and allow to come down to room temperature.
- Pureé sauce in batches until smooth. Return to pan and heat through on low heat. Serve with a steak, some tilapia or mahimahi, or even fried chicken.