||8 (4 pickles, slicedx4)|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | United States | Snacks
Fried pickle is a snack item found in the American South, it is made by deep-frying a sliced, battered, dill pickle.
- Milk mixture:
- 1 c. milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 drops hot sauce
- Flour mixture:
- 3½ c. flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 qt. sliced dill pickles
- Dried dill (optional)
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring well. Set aside. Combine 3½ cups flour, salt and pepper, stirring well.
- Dip pickles in milk mixture and dredge in flour mixture, repeat process.
- Deep fry in hot oil, 350 degrees until pickles float to surface and are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with dried dill to your liking.