||8 (4 pickles, slicedx4)|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | United States | Snacks
Fried pickle is a snack item found in the American South. It is made by deep-frying a sliced, battered, dill pickle.
- 3½ cup flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp pepper
- Combine the ingredients for the milk mixture, stirring well. Set aside.
- Combine ingredients for the flour mixture, stirring well.
- Dip pickles in milk mixture and dredge in flour mixture. Repeat process.
- Deep fry in oil heated to 350 ˚F until pickles float to surface and are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with dried dill to your liking.