Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fried meatballs (Qofte të fërguara) is an Albanian dish. The term is also used for fried Italian meatballs.
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 slice stale bread
- 1 small onion, finely-grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil or melted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oil (olive recommended)
- Soak bread in water and squeeze hard to drain.
- Add ground meat, bread crumbs, oil or melted butter, onion, cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, and mint and mix thoroughly.
- Form into 1-inch thick patties, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Roll in flour and fry in hot oil.
Serve hot with French fries or mashed potatoes. Serves 4.