Cookbook:Fried Cheese Balls with Sausage
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 cup (240 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- 2 Tsp flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 lb (500 g) mild or hot sausage
- ¾ cup (180 ml) fine cracker crumbs
- vegetable oil
- Combine the cheese, flour, sausage and cracker crumbs.
- Using your hands mix well and shape into 1" (2.5 cm) balls.
- Put enough oil in a skillet to fill the skillet to a depth of ¾" (2 cm), more or less.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, when it is hot, put the balls in the pan without crowding them. Cook over medium-high heat, turning until all sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Alternate cooking method
- Preheat oven to 375°F (230°C).
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly
- Form into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Sausage cheese balls can be frozen uncooked. Thaw and cook according to directions.