Cookbook:Fresh Mozzarella Bruschetta
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Fresh Mozzarella Bruschetta|
Small, open-faced sandwiches, Bruschette make perfect appetizers. They are delicious and quick and easy to make.
Makes about 24 Bruschette
- 1 long loaf crusty French bread
- 3 medium ripe roma tomatoes
- 3 large fresh mozzarella balls
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- Coarse salt
- Black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cut Bread into 1/2" (1.27cm) slices on the diagonal
- Lightly toast bread in the oven on both sides
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4 inch (0.75cm) slices and place one on each slice of bread.
- Cut mozzarella balls into 1/4 inch (0.75cm) slices and place on top of tomato.
- Chop basil into thin strips and sprinkle on top with the oregano.
- Combine olive oil and balsamic vinegar (to taste) in small bowl
- Drizzle with mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Notes, tips, and variations
- An optional re-toasting with toppings on will make the mozzarella melt and be even more delicious
- Authentic Italian Bruschetta begins with rubbing roasted garlic cloves on the toasted bread slices