Cookbook:Fresh Mozzarella Bruschetta
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Fresh Mozzarella Bruschetta|
Bruschette are small, open-faced sandwiches of tomato and mozzarella cheese. They are delicious, quick and easy to make, and perfect appetizers.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
For about 24 Bruschette:
- 1 long loaf crusty French bread
- 3 medium ripe roma tomatoes
- 3 large fresh mozzarella balls
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- Coarse salt
- Black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Cut Bread into ½" (1.27cm) slices on the diagonal.
- Lightly toast bread in the oven on both sides.
- Cut tomatoes into ¼ inch (0.75cm) slices and place one on each slice of bread.
- Cut mozzarella balls into ¼ inch (0.75cm) slices and place on top of tomato.
- Chop basil into thin strips and sprinkle on top with the oregano.
- Combine olive oil and balsamic vinegar (to taste) in small bowl
- Drizzle with mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- An optional re-toasting with toppings on will make the mozzarella melt and be even more delicious
- Authentic Italian Bruschetta begins with rubbing roasted garlic cloves on the toasted bread slices