Cookbook:Flapjacks (Traditional Scottish Recipe)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Flapjack)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Traditional Scottish recipe
- 75g of butter or margarine
- 50 - 75g light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
- 175g of porridge oats
- Put the butter or margarine, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the fat and sugar have melted.
- Add the porridge oats and blend thoroughly.
- Press into a well greased 18cm square sandwich tin.
- Bake in the centre of a moderate oven at 180°C or 350°F or gas mark 4 for 25 minutes or until evenly golden brown.
- Mark into fingers whilst warm.
- Allow to become almost cold in the tin before removing.
- Replace the sugar and golden syrup with 75g of Honey.
- Add 50g of raisins.