Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 pound cod, haddock, or tilapia fillets, cut in half
- Cornmeal as needed
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, as needed
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- Oil for deep frying
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine all dry seasonings. Set aside.
- Dip fish in lemon juice then season with seasoning mixture then dredge in cornmeal.
- Heat oil to 375°. Fry fish in batches for 3 minutes. Drain on a cooling rack.
- Cut into one strip. If inside is underdone, finish in a 350° oven, not in the oil. Serve.