Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 1–1½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- Olive oil
- 8 slices bacon, crisp cooked
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- Hamburger buns
- Lettuce, tomato, and onion (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine mayonnaise and chipotle. Refrigerate until needed.
- Combine cayenne, salt, pepper, and steak seasoning. Set aside.
- Form meat into 4 equal patties, about ½ inch thick. Make an indentation in the center of each one and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle patties on both sides with seasoning mixture. Set aside.
- Preheat a chimney starter full of charcoal in the bottom of a kettle grill. Once hot, disperse evenly around the bottom of the grill.
- Add burgers and grill, turning often, until desired doneness is achieved.
- Place a slice of cheese on each patty once it comes off the grill. Serve on buns with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and the chipotle mayonnaise.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- If you can't stand the heat, you may, of course, reduce the cayenne.