Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Vegetarian | Pasta
This is a simple way to serve fiddleheads. If fiddleheads are unavailable or out of season, asparagus or artichoke hearts could be substituted with good results.
It goes well with a simple salad, crusty bread and a nice dry white wine.
- Slice the mushrooms, onions, and sun-dried tomatoes into long strips and set aside.
- Sauté the ferns and garlic in the olive oil for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the onions and sauté until they start to wilt.
- Add the mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Continue to sauté for another 5 minutes or so.
- Season with salt and pepper, toss in the pine nuts, add a splash of water, reduce heat and cover. Let sweat for about 10 minutes (or so).
- During this have the linguine begin to cook so that it is ready when the topping is ready.
- In a pasta bowl, add the veggies to the linguine, sprinkle on the cheese, and toss.
- Serve immediately.