(Redirected from Cookbook:Feijoada)
|Time||2 hours (not including soaking time)|
Portuguese Feijoada is a type of bean, pork, and beef stew.
- 1 litre Black beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tomato
- 3 onions
- 1 branch parsley
- 3 carrots
- Assorted meat of personal choice (universally it is pork knee, pork sausage and salted dry beef)
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1¼ lb (600g) rice
- Soak beans for several hours, then put them in large saucepan.
- Add all the meat to pot.
- Chop the sausage into 1½ inch (about 3cm) pieces, then add to pot.
- Add bay leaves and chopped parsley.
- Fill the pot with water and bring to boil.
- Fry onions, tomatoes, carrots, and garlic in oil and margarine.
- Once onions are fried, transfer two ladle scoops of bean mixture into skillet, mash with vegetables, then dump all contents of skillet back into pot.
- Add tomato paste, cover, and let cook for 1 hour.
- Cook rice and, when finished, add to pot, then serve.