Jump to navigation Jump to search
These dog biscuits have a bit of protein from peanut butter and some abrasiveness from bran flakes and oats. You can use a mostly-oat low-fat granola in place of just the oats and the kind of bran cereal with flax seeds in for some extra texture.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup (120 ml / 4.1 oz) chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup (60 ml / 2 fl oz) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (75 g / 2.6 oz) peanut butter
- about 1 cup (140 g / 4.9 oz) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (60 g / 2.1 oz) bran cereal
- ¼ cup (20 g / 0.71 oz) rolled oats
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (177 °C).
- Mix the peanut butter, stock, and oil into the egg until smooth.
- Mix the flour, cereal and oats together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture until it forms a very stiff dough (you'll need to use your hands at the end). If not very stiff, add more flour gradually.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured surface and roll to about 0.25 inches (6.4 mm) thick. Cut out shapes (bone shapes work well).
- Bake biscuits on a lightly-greased cookie sheet in the middle oven rack for about 15 minutes.
- For best results, allow biscuits to harden overnight.