Items Needed: (for 12 Deviled Eggs)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (large)
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise/salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of mustard (honey mustard instead). I ❤️ Coleman’s English Mustard (spicy)
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- paprika (optional)
- To poach eggs, place eggs in enough cold water to cover completely, bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to a lower MEDIUM BOIL and cook an additional 12 minutes.
- Promptly chill eggs so yolks stay bright yellow.
- Remove shells from eggs, and halve lengthwise with a knife.
- Carefully extract the yolks, and arrange them in a medium bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork, and add outstanding ingredients.
- Very carefully spoon the mixture back into the egg white moieties. Garnish with a light sprinkling of paprika (optional).
- eggs, depending on appetite and number of people
- Mayonnaise, depending on desired texture and taste
- Mustard to taste
- Paprika to taste
- A small 2-quart pot saucepan
- A small spoon or teaspoon
- Paring Knife
- Plate or small bowl
- Gas or electric stove, at medium-high to high heat
Follow the procedure for Hard Boiled Eggs. Allow the eggs to cool, then cut them in halves, so that half the yolk is in each half. Carefully remove the yolks, add the mayonnaise(about one spoonful per three medium eggs)and mash them together with a fork, folding the yolks and mayonnaise together until evenly mixed. Use more mayonnaise for a richer, smoother texture. Add about half a spoon of mustard or more or less to taste. Scoop the mixture into the empty egg whites until each is equally filled. Sprinkle a little dried paprika on the yolk of each re-filled egg. Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to consume. Enjoy!