Cookbook:Deep Fried Lentil Dough Balls (Punugu)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Deep Fried Lentil Dough Balls (Punugu)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1 cup rice rava (coarse rice flour)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Onions, chopped
- Chiles, chopped
- Salt to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Soak the urad dal in water for several hours.
- Soak the rava in water.
- Grind the soaked urad dal to make a somewhat loose batter. Mix in the soaked rava.
- Mix in the flour, then add enough water to thin it if necessary.
- Mix in onions, chillies, and salt to the batter. Allow to ferment and rise.
- Make small balls and deep fry them in hot oil.