Cookbook:Date Nut Bar
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:Date nut bar)
- 1 cup nuts, ground (e.g., pecans)
- 1 cup seeded dates, ground
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cup confectioner's sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grind the nuts and dates; sift in the granular sugar.
- In another bowl,
- Whip egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually add the sugar mixture, whipping constantly.
- Fold in the cream.
- Sift the flour.
- Resift the flour with the baking powder and fold into the egg mixture.
- Grease and flour baking sheet.
- Pat dough ½ thick on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F (175°C).