|Time||50 - 55 minutes|
A wonderful square recipe with the flavor of dates. Also see the Date Bar recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup (360g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (240g) brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/2 cup (260g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of melted butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, 1 cup brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and melted butter. Mix until crumbly.
- Press half the crumb mixture into a lined and greased square baking pan.
- In a sauce pan, over low heat, cooker dates, sugar and water until thickened and smooth (about 10 minutes).
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Spread date mixture over crumble layer.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over date filling.
- Bake at 350°F (180c) for about 35 minutes, until lightly browned.