Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice or white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups water
- 3 vegetarian bouillon cubes (non-vegetarians can use chicken bouillon cubes)
Makes 3 servings.
- Find a large saucepan or frying pan which has a lid, place on a medium heat, add butter, and then add chopped onion. Cook the onion for a couple of minutes until it starts to brown slightly.
- Add curry powder stir with onions for a minute.
- Add vegetarian bouillon cubes, raisins, rice, and water.
- Put on lid and simmer until water is absorbed. (about 15 minutes)