Cookbook:Crispy Roast Potatoes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Crispy Roast Potatoes|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
The perfect roast potatoes. Crispy on the outside, tender but still has a bite to it in the middle.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 5 large red-skinned or small Russet potatoes, cut into 1 ½-inch cubes
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine olive oil, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Set aside.
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until slightly tougher than tender.
- Drain potatoes, then dredge in flour. Set out on a cooling rack and let dry for 1 hour.
- Add potatoes to oil mixture and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer on a greased sheet pan.
- Season potatoes with a small handful of salt and a lot of freshly-ground black pepper.
- Place in the bottom third of a 500°F oven until well browned and crispy on the outside (15–20 minutes), stirring halfway through.
- Serve warm.