Cookbook:Crispy Gingerbread Cookies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Crispy Gingerbread Cookies|
|Servings||5.5 dozen 4.5-inch cookies|
|Time||Prep: 15 minutes|
Baking: 15 minutes
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Desserts
This recipe makes crispy gingerbread cookies that are used for gingerbread men. To keep the cookies crisp, store them in an air-tight container. They can be decorated with royal icing.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ⅔ cup (~160 g) packed light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup (~160 g) molasses
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon (½ tablespoon) baking soda
- ⅔ cup (~160 g) butter
- 1 egg
- 4 cups (1 quart) flour
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Pour sugar, molasses, spices, and salt into large saucepan.
- Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Add the baking soda and butter and stir until butter melts.
- Quickly stir in egg, and then add flour. Mix well.
- Chill for several hours until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (170 °C).
- Roll out until thin on lightly-floured surface.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place on cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 325 °F (170 °C) and cool on racks.