Cookbook:Crispy Chicken Burgers
Although I did get the idea from the chicken patties served at my elementary school cafeteria, which everyone dearly dreaded, this is much better.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Poultry Shake
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 1/2 quarts peanut or canola oil
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Form chicken into 4 equal patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Season on both sides liberally with shake. Set aside.
- Pour lemon juice into a pie plate and place flour in another. Dip chicken into the lemon, then dredge in flour. Tap off excess, then let sit 2-3 minutes.
- While chicken sits, heat oil in a deep fryer or cast-iron pot to 350 degrees F. Add chicken and cook until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Drain on a wire rack.
- Serve chicken on buns with desired toppings.
My suggestions for toppings include crispy bacon, barbecue sauce (hopefully homemade), Sriracha, lettuce, spinach, tomato, mayonnaise, ranch, and of course ketchup and mustard.]