Cookbook:Creamy Mascarpone Dessert
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Creamy Mascarpone Dessert|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
In Italy they will just mix creamy light cheeses like mascarpone with just a bare bit of sugar, egg yolk custard, sweet spices, citrus zest, and chocolate. If you have ever tried one of these cheese desserts, you'll know that they're very good.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate syrup
- Crushed vanilla cookies and semi-sweet chocolate curls for topping
- Barely-sweetened whipped cream
- Cocoa powder
Procedure[edit | edit source]
Cream mixture[edit | edit source]
- Whisk yolks and sugar in a stainless steel bowl until light and creamy.
- Place the bowl on top of a pot of 1 inch simmering water to create a double boiler.
- Whisk yolks non-stop, until warmed, thickened, and falling off the whisk in ribbons. Set aside until needed.
- Fold together egg yolks, mascarpone, cream, and vanilla.
Serving[edit | edit source]
- Pour a small amount of chocolate syrup into the bottom of a glass dish.
- Fill with cheese mixture.
- Top with crushed cookies and chocolate curls. Refrigerate before serving.
- Place a serving portion into each plate. Smooth out into a small rectangle.
- Place a dollop of whipped cream on top, and dust the whole thing with cocoa powder.