Cookbook:Cream of Duck and Mushroom Soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cream of Duck and Mushroom Soup|
This recipe first appeared in a Collection of Recipes by Chef Taylor Piercefield. Chef Piercefield also made variations of this soup with Morel Mushrooms.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 cups (950 ml) duck stock
- 3 duck egg yolks (chicken egg yolks will work too)
- 2 cups (480 ml) milk or half and half
- ½ cup (120 ml) chopped duck meat
- 8 oz (225 g) sliced mushrooms
- ½ tsp thyme
- nutmeg to taste (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat duck stock in a heavy, covered saucepan over medium heat.
- Add thyme, chopped duck meat, and mushrooms, and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks and milk until well-blended, then slowly add to soup.
- Stir continually until soup mixture begins to thicken.
- Sprinkle in nutmeg and serve.