Cookbook:Cream of Duck and Mushroom Soup
Cream of Duck and Mushroom Soup
- 4 cups (950ml) duck stock
- 3 duck egg yolks (chicken egg yolks will work too)
- 2 cups (480ml) milk or half and half
- 1/2 cup (120ml) chopped duck meat
- 8 oz (225g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- nutmeg to taste (optional)
- Heat duck stock in heavy saucepan over medium heat, covered.
- Add thyme, chopped duck meat and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks and milk until well blended, then slowly add to soup.
- Stir continually until soup mixture begins to thicken.
- Sprinkle in nutmeg (optional) and serve.
First appeared in a Collection of Recipes by Chef Taylor Piercefield. Chef Piercefield also made variations of this soup with Morel Mushrooms.