Cookbook:Cranberry Orange Squares
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cranberry Orange Squares|
A delicious square recipe with a pleasant flavor of oranges and cranberries.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup (240 g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (240 g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (180 g) brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup (120 g) butter (melted)
- 1 cup (240 ml) whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Lightly oil a a square baking pan, and line it with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, sugar, and baking soda using a whisk.
- Using your hands, mix the melted butter into the rolled oats mixture, until it forms pea-sized clumps. Do not over mix.
- Reserve 1 ½ cups (360 g) of mixture to be used as the topping.
- Press remainder of oat mix into the bottom of the pan, making sure it covers the whole bottom.
- Mix the orange juice with the cranberry sauce.
- Spread evenly over the base.
- Sprinkle the reserved oats mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into squares.