Cookbook:Country Roast Chicken
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 3-lb broiler/fryer chicken, giblets removed
- 1/4 cup Country Roast Chicken Seasoning
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 1 large lemon, sliced thinly
- 1 large lemon, wedged
- 2 tbsp butter
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Loosen skin from chicken. Rub flesh with Seasoning.
- Place lemon slices in the bottom of a roasting pan and place chicken on top.
- Stuff cavity with thyme, rosemary, and lemon wedges.
- Place 1 tbsp butter under the skin of each breast.
- Insert an oven-safe probe thermometer into the breast but not touching butter.
- Bake in a 325° oven until breast internal temperature reaches 165° and thigh meat reaches 170°. Cover with foil and let rest 10 minutes; serve.