(Redirected from Cookbook:Coconut pudding)
- Tender Coconut, fresh- scooped from 2 coconuts
- Tender coconut water- 1 cup, to melt china-grass strands
- China Grass strands- 1/4 cup
- Milk- 2 cups
- Condensed milk- 1/2 cup
- Scoop out the tender coconut from 2 coconuts and puree it in a blender, keep aside.
- In a saucepan, pour 1 cup tender coconut water and add china-grass strands to it.
- Heat the saucepan and let the china-grass strands melt completely.
- In the meantime, heat milk and condensed milk in another saucepan over medium heat. Let it come to a boil.
- To the boiled milk and condensed milk, add the melted china-grass strands, and combine well.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool down for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the pureed tender coconut to the cooled milk mixture and mix everything well.
- Pour the mixture into a cake pan or stainless steel pan.
- Keep the pudding at first in the freezer for about 15 minutes or until it begins to set.
- After that remove the pudding from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator.
- Using a knife gently cut the pudding and serve it in dessert bowls.
- You could garnish the pudding with almonds, cashew nuts etc.
- 4 eggs
- 425 milliliters of thick coconut milk
- 115 grams of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Jasmin water
- Put eggs, coconut milk, sugar and Jasmin water in a dish and beat until foamy.
- Pour the mixture into a fireproof dish and place on top of a bamboo steam basket.
- Cover the basket and place above a large wok with boiling water. Steam the pudding for 30-40 minutes, or until no longer fluid. If the pudding is boiled too fast, it becomes rubbery.
- Take the pudding out of the steamer and allow to cool.