Cookbook:Coconut Rice (Nasi Lemak)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Coconut Rice (Nasi Lemak)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 6 cup (1450ml) basmati rice
- 7 cup (1680ml) coconut milk
- Optional: 1-2 pandan leaves tied in a knot
- Optional: 2 inches (51 mm) piece of fresh ginger root
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Clean the rice and set it aside.
- Meanwhile put the coconut milk on the stove and add the salt for slightly more salty.
- Add the rice (pandan leaves and ginger optional) and let it simmer until the coconut milk evaporates.
- Cover it with lid and let it for about 15 minutes until it is well cooked.