Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Malaysian Cuisine
- 6 cup (1450ml) basmati rice
- 7 cup (1680ml) coconut milk
- Optional: 1-2 pandan leaves tied in a knot
- Optional: 2 inch piece of fresh ginger root
- Clean the rice and set it aside.
- Meanwhile put the coconut milk on the stove and add the salt for slightly more salty.
- Add the rice (pandan leaves and ginger optional) and let it simmer until the coconut milk evaporates.
- Cover it with lid and let it for about 15 minutes until it is well cooked.