Cookbook:Chokladboll (Swedish Chocolate Balls)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Chokladboll)
|Chokladboll (Swedish Chocolate Balls)|
|Serving Size:||1 ball (47 g)|
|Servings Per Recipe:||24|
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat||94|
|Total Fat||10.4 g|
|Saturated Fat||7.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||26.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.0 g|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
A chokladboll (literally meaning chocolate ball) is a traditional Swedish pastry often eaten with coffee during fika. They are quick and easy to prepare, since they require no baking and only a few, common ingredients.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 ¼ cups (500 g / 1.1 lb) quick oats
- 1 ¼ cups (275 g / 9.7 oz) sugar
- 6 Tbsp (75 g / 2.6 oz) cocoa
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml / 14 g / 0.49 oz) vanilla sugar OR 1 tsp (5 ml / 0.17 oz) vanilla extract, added with the coffee
- ⅔ cup (160 g / 5.6 oz) butter or margarine, softened
- 6 Tbsp (90 ml / 3 oz) cold coffee
- Flaked coconut or pearl sugar
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mix oats, sugar, vanilla sugar, and cocoa in a large bowl.
- Using your hands or a potato masher, incorporate the butter into the dry ingredients until the dough has an even consistency.
- Add the coffee and mix until incorporated.
- Fill a small bowl with flaked coconut or pearl sugar.
- With your hands, roll the dough into 1-inch (3 cm) diameter balls.
- Roll each ball in the coconut or pearl sugar and place on a tray.
- Chill chocolate balls for at least one hour before serving.