Cookbook:Chocolate Orange Hot Cross Bun Trifle
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chocolate Orange Hot Cross Bun Trifle|
|Serving Size:||1/14 of recipe (190 g)|
|Servings Per Recipe:||14|
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat||144|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||51 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Chocolate orange hot cross bun trifle is a recipe adapted from a recipe in page 58 of March 2023 edition of Tesco's magazine.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ cup (150 g/5.3 oz) marmalade
- 4 cups (1 kg/2.2 lb) fresh custard
- 6 chocolate and salted caramel hot cross buns, 2 split into halves and 4 torn into pieces
- 1¼ cups (310 ml/10 fl oz) heavy cream
- 4 large oranges, zested and split into segments
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons chocolate-flavored dessert sauce
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Microwave the marmalade for 30–60 seconds to loosen.
- Leave the marmalade to cool until it is just warm to the touch.
- Combine the marmalade and custard in a bowl and mix together.
- Whip the cream with most of the orange zest in another bowl to soft peaks.
- Heat the sugar, cinnamon ,and water in a pan over a low heat for 4–6 minutes, swirling occasionally.
- Place the torn buns in a 3–4-liter (3.2–4.2 US qt) trifle dish.
- Pour the custard mixture into the trifle dish.
- Add a layer of three-quarters of the orange segments and two-thirds of the whipped cream.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the dessert sauce over the dish.
- Top with remaining custard and cream.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over the trifle.
- Place the remaining orange segments on top.
- Brush the bun tops with the cinnamon glaze and place on top of the trifle.
- To serve, sprinkle with the remaining orange zest.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Chocolate Orange Hot Cross Bun Trifle Recipe | Easter Dessert Recipes". Tesco Real Food. Retrieved 2023-04-19.