Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chocolate fudge is a traditional, rich candy, especially around the holidays in the United States.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 ½ cups (550 grams (1.2 lb)) sugar
- ½ cup (125 grams (4.4 oz)) margarine or butter
- ⅔ cup (160 milliliters (5.4 US fl oz)) evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces (200 g)) marshmallow creme
- 2 cups (160 grams (5.6 oz)) semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup (75 grams (2.6 oz)) chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Line a 9-inch (23 cm) square or 13-by−9-inch (33 by 23 cm) inch pan with foil so that foil extends over sides of pan; butter foil.
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- After 5 minutes of constant stirring remove saucepan from heat.
- Add marshmallow creme and chocolate chips; blend until smooth. Stir in walnuts and vanilla.
- Pour into buttered, foil-lined pan. Cool to room temperature.
- Score fudge into 36-48 squares. Refrigerate until firm.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Remove fudge from pan by lifting foil; remove foil from sides of fudge. Using large knife, cut through scored lines. Store in refrigerator.