Cookbook:Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Toast
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Toast|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Breakfast Cuisine | Vegetarian Cuisine | Dessert
You've heard of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and you've heard of peanut butter toast. Why not combine them!?
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 slice of bread
- 2–4 tablespoons peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1–2 ounces chocolate chips
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Toast the bread on both sides in a toaster oven, using the broiler setting.
- Smear the peanut butter on the bread.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips lightly (or heavily, if you want!) over the peanut butter.
- Put the toast back under the broiler for about 20 seconds to melt the chocolate.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Some people like to spread the chocolate chips, after softening under the broiler.
- One variation is to spread marshmallow fluff over the peanut butter, replace the chocolate chips with a Nestles' crunch bar, use 2 toasts, and make it a sandwich.
- Instead of heating the chocolate under the broiler, add cold chocolate chips (from the refrigerator) for a nice temperature contrast.
- According to taste, use milk, dark, semisweet, or white chocolate chips.