Cookbook:Chipotle Fried Chicken
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 2 each skinless chicken thighs, legs, and boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup adobo sauce
- 16 ounces vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Cornmeal as needed
- 3 tbsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Combine adobo sauce and lime juice and pour over chicken. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken from adobo mixture. Combine Seasoning ingredients and sprinkle over chicken.
- Dredge chicken in cornmeal. Let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat shortening in a large cast iron skillet to 350°. Place breasts and legs around the edges, then place thighs in the center.
- Cook for 12 minutes per side. Drain on a cooling rack and serve.