From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Chicken Cacciatore is a classic Italian chicken dish. It is reddish and tomato adds a distinct flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml), chopped onion
- 3lbs (1350g), chicken parts with skin removed
- 14oz (400g) can of tomatoes with juice
- 5 1/2 oz. (155g) can of tomato paste
- 10 oz. (280g) can of mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried whole oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried sweet basil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of white wine, chicken broth or alcohol-free white wine
- 1/2 tsp liquid gravy browner
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Place onion and chicken in 3 1/2 quart (3.5L) slow cooker.
- Combine next 12 ingredients in a bowl. Stir.
- Pour over chicken and cover the chicken.
- Cook on low for six to eight hours or on high for three to four hours.
- Discard bay leaf.