Cookbook:Chicken Cabbage Salad
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chicken Cabbage Salad|
This chicken cabbage salad is a very easy way to make a tasty cabbage salad. It works well as both a side salad or a main dish.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 bunch of green onions
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 packages of ramen noodles, Oriental flavor
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- ½ cup of vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup of rice vinegar
- 1 packet of Oriental flavoring (from one of the ramen packages)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Sugar to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Chop the cabbage, cilantro leaves, and green onion until it is at an even consistency among the three. Mix together.
- Add the almonds and sunflower seeds.
- Break up the ramen noodles and place in the salad.
- Mix oil, rice vinegar, and flavoring. This is now your dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad, and add salt and pepper to taste
- Leave salad to sit and absorb flavor for an hour for best taste.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Vegetarian chicken patties can be used to replace the chicken breasts
- Cooked and cooled ramen noodles can be used for those who don't like crunchy noodles in their salad.
- Try browning the noodles a nuts in a little butter, let them cool, and sprinkle on salad.