Cookbook:Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo works with all types of pasta and noodles and can be modified for use with a variety of sauces. It is great for family dinners and recommended to serve with garlic bread.
- 1 pound (450 g) boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup cream, or half and half if preferred
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- ¼ cup chopped small onion or shallot
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- 2 cups fettuccini pasta
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat up oil slightly in a frying pan over a medium flame.
- Sauté chicken breasts and shallots in hot oil for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add lemon juice to chicken and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove chicken from flame. Reserve juices. Transfer chicken into a casserole dish.
- Melt butter in clean frying pan. Add flour to butter and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Slowly add half and half, stirring continuously. Add all spices and seasonings to sauce.
- Stir in reserved juices and keep stirring. Reduce heat and slowly stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Keep stirring until a smooth consistency is achieved. Pour sauce over chicken in casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
- While chicken is cooking, prepare pasta. When chicken is done, serve immediately.
Notes, tips and variations
- The thyme and oregano can be replaced by 1 teaspoon zaatar